What
initially interested me in the book was Novogratz indirect path to ultimately
start philanthropic organizations such as the Acumen Fund and Duterimbere.
Uncertain of how to reach the world and make the change she wanted to see, the
post-grad feel into the world of international finance. Although at first
appearing to distance herself from the realization of her dreams, it was the
introduction of accounting and banking that enabled her to reach the poverty
stricken world that caught her attention. As a new hire for Manhattan Chase
Bank, it was her job to travel the world and check on the company’s investments,
affording her the opportunity to witness devastating socioeconomic divisions up
close and personal.
When
I started college just 3 years ago, I had the same desire to change the world
and relinquish any monetary necessities. As an Architecture major, my goal was
to build low-income sustainable housing in under developed low socioeconomic
communities around the world. Since freshman year I have changed my major a few
times, but my goal remains the same. I want to make the world a better place
and it is comforting to hear Novogratz story as she initially found it
difficult to have an impact, but used the resources and opportunities afforded
to her in order to reach her goals of changing the world.

No comments:
Post a Comment